Elevation of body temperature above set point is called fever, hyperthermia or pyrexia. Fever itself is not an illness. But it is an important alert of nature that something is going wrong in your body.
Fever is classified into three categories:
- Low grade feverwhen body temperature rises to 100.40°F-102.20°F
- Moderate grade feverwhen body temperature raises to 102.20°F to 104°F
- High grade feverwhen body temperature rises to 104°F-107.60°F
Fever sometime beneficial to body and on many occasions it plays an important role in helping the body fighting the diseases particularly the infection
Rise in body temperature beyond 107.60°F may cause damage to the body and this condition is called hyperpyrexia.
The 7 sign and symptom of fever depend on the cause of the fever
- HEADACHEIncrease in body temperature slow down the metabolic rate and also it decreases the blood flow. Because of decrease in blood flow, the concentration of CO2 increase in the blood so it causes headache
- SWEATINGWhen body temperature increase, blood temperature also increases. When blood with increased temperature passes through hypothalamus (one part of brain), it stimulates the thermo receptor present in the preoptic (area of brain) area. It leads to heat loss. Than the brain stimulate the sweat secretion and this result in sweating which helps in regulating body temperature.
- SHIVERINGWhen blood with increased body temperature passes through the brain the receptor in the brain release the hormone which causes contraction of the muscle and this result in shivering. Once body temperature riches near normal the shivering automatically decreases.
- MUSCLE PAINWhen body temperature rises beyond its normal value body release the hormone which cause decrease metabolic rate and the blood circulation. Body also decreases the hormone which is called “fight or flight” hormone. This situation cause weakness and mood swing so muscle pain starts.
- Loss of appetiteThe raise in body temperature decreases the metabolic rate, low blood pressure and high water loss from body this all situation causes loss of appetite. High temperature also increase the water intake which reduce the hunger.
- GENERAL WEAKNESSGeneral weakness is caused by loss of water from body, decreased metabolic rate, and loss of appetite. Less blood supply to the muscle causes muscular pain.
Raise in body temperature also causes confusion, hallucination, irritability, and convulsion. It could be dangerous and some time life treating situation so do not ignore body temperature and take earlier check up.
diabetic shock,diabetic shock symptoms,symptoms of diabetic shock,what is diabetic shock,signs of diabetic shock,diabetic shock signs,what does diabetic shock feel like,what ... More
Healthy Living 0 Comment 941 View Jack Kray